The following is a list of procedures to be followed during Parent Pick-up at the end of the day:
- Schedule teacher, office, or other school business before or after parent pick-up. If you plan on conducting school business at the end of the school day, please wait until after parent pick-up is finished. Teachers on pick-up duty need to stay focused on only one task; delivering children safely to their parents.
- When in the Pick-Up Traffic Line, pull as far forward as possible before stopping to wait for your child. If your child is not at the Pick-up door, please pull into a parking place to wait or circle through the pick-up line again so that pick-up traffic can move forward.
- Teachers who work Parent Pick-up know your children well and know many parents onsight, but they may not know every adult that has permission to pick up your child. To ensure the safety of your child, they may ask for ID if they do not recognize you. We would rather err on the side of caution in order to protect your child’s safety.
- Remain outside the Parent Pick-up doors and wait for teachers on duty to deliver your child to you directly. It is important that children, in their excitement, do not break from the teacher and/or building to rush to their parents and find themselves in the path of oncoming traffic. If you are waiting for more than one child, remain outside the pick-up doors and they will be delivered to you. Do not send siblings into the school to retrieve students.
- If your child has been released to you and needs to return to the building for forgotten items, etc., do not allow them to cross the parking lot and pick-up line without being accompanied by you.
After a productive day of learning, it is important that our students end the school day feeling safe and secure!