The History of the Richards R-V School District
In 1938-1939, five small schools merged to form one larger district, Consolidated No. 5. The five schools were as follows: Rudville, Lone Pine, New Central, Grimmette and Galloway. The new building was a two-room rock structure built near the old “Lone Pine” school. In 1956-1957, eight other rural districts joined with Consolidated No. 5 to form Reorganized No 5. At this time, two more classrooms were added for a total of four. There were five teachers employed within the “new” Reorganized No. 5 District. The classrooms were divided into Kindergarten through 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th, and 7th and 8th, plus Music.
Richards R-V School District began in 1938 as five small schools merged to form Consolidated No. 5. It was housed in a two-room rock structure. In 1956, eight other rural districts joined with Consolidated and became Reorganized No. 5 and employed five teachers. Soon after reorganization, Homer Richards, the school custodian, passed away and the district changed its name to Richards in his honor.